Real Estate Associates Program FAQs
The Real Estate Associates
Program (REAP) is developed and administered by the Real
Estate Council of Alberta (RECA).
Completion of the course and related examinations is one of the requirements
to obtain a real estate associate licence from RECA.
What is REAP?
- REAP is the Real Estate Associates Program (formerly the Real Estate
Agent's Program). You must successfully complete this course and pass
the provincial qualifying examinations to meet the educational requirements
to obtain your real estate associate's licence.
REAP is divided into three phases
- Phase One consists of the course, Introduction to a Career in Real
Estate. You must complete this course and pass the final exam before
beginning phase two.
- Phase Two, Fundamentals of Real Estate, is divided into six sections.
You must achieve at least 70 percent on the exam before moving on to
the next phase.
- Phase Three, Real Estate Areas of Practice, focuses on specific trading
practices for residential, commercial and rural real estate.
Who needs to take REAP?
- Anyone wanting to pursue a career in real estate must complete REAP.
Where can I get more information on REAP?