Becoming a Member of the REALTORS® Association
If you are considering becoming a REALTOR® and member of the REALTORS® Association
- Meet with a Broker/Manager who is a member of the Association
to discuss skills and personal qualities necessary for a successful career.
- Take the Real
Estate Associates Program, offered by RECA. This is the mandatory course for those wanting
to become real estate Agents.
- Pass the Provincial Qualifying Examination for Associates.
- Find a licensed Broker who will agree to employ you; fill out
- Through your sponsoring Broker, apply for your Associates licence
with the Real Estate Council of Alberta; pay
your RECA fees, renewable
September 30, each year.
- If the Broker who employs you is a member of the Association,
you must also become a member. This involves completing the three-day
Orientation Program and applying for a membership. The dues total
approximately $2100 for the first full year (including national/provincial
dues, data access). Dues
are pro-rated quarterly. Application is made through your Broker.
Access to key control service is an additional cost.
- Keep in mind, technology plays a big part in managing a successful
real estate career. Factor in the expenses of a personal computer, perhaps
a laptop or PDA, software programs, a cell phone, Internet connection
and training when planning to become a REALTOR®.
- Start practicing your new career, remembering to take mandatory continuing
education every year to maintain your licence (For exemptions, please
contact RECA Licensing Department at
- Download the First Steps brochure to see how joining the REALTORS® Association of Edmonton will advance your career and create an economic advantage.
Please contact our Member Services Department at 780-453-9355 or via
e-mail should you require more information.