REALTORS® in the Community
Through their affiliation with the Association, REALTORS® support
activities throughout Edmonton and the surrounding area.
Community Investment Program
The REALTORS® Association Community Investment program will improve the
quality of life in Edmonton and surrounding communities by providing support
and assistance to community groups in the achievement of their mission.
Funds are limited and the Association will enter into long term relationships
with selected groups which can meet the criteria and demonstrate they have
the capacity to provide a range of promotional opportunities as part of
their program delivery. There is no application form and no application
deadline. Potential applicants should discuss their proposal with the Manager
of Marketing and Communications before submitting a request. The Association will invest in projects, which strengthen communities and support housing initiatives while recognizing and promoting the stewardship of people and organizations which help to build communities.
Investment activities should provide a marketing advantage to the Association and there will be strong support for legacy projects that result in permanent community installations.
Applicants must demonstrate how the applicant organization
- will improve the quality of life in the community
- have a proven record of quality performance in the community
- have values congruent with Association values
- can provide a range of promotional activities as part of their program
- have a mechanism to display, distribute or expose Association collateral
materials and to promote the value of using a REALTOR®
- are willing to enter into a formal agreement with the REALTORS® Association
- are able to monitor and report on the fulfillment of the agreement
to the satisfaction of their Board and the Association
Annual grants will be provided for at least three years. The project will
be reviewed annually with the REALTORS® Association’s Board
of Directors. The Applicant’s Board of Directors must be aware of
the project requirements and must submit a letter each year which verifies
the organization has completed all requirements and expended the funds
in accordance with the agreement. A representative of the Association will
meet with organization officials about once a quarter to discuss the relationship
and details of the agreement.
Projects funded to date:
- Volunteer hats - A quality cadet-type hat will be provided
for each volunteer involved in a sponsored festival or event. Hats
are embroidered with a REALTOR® logo and the event or organization
logo on the front. Over 10,000 hats have been distributed to date.
- In 2010, volunteers
in the following organizations received hats:
- Dragon Boat Festival
- Edmonton and District Historical Society
- Edmonton Food Bank
- Edmonton Fringe Theatre Festival,
- Edmonton International Jazz Festival,
- Edmonton International Street Performers Festival,
- Events Edmonton (Canada Day Fireworks Festival and Taste of Edmonton),
- Freewill Players and the Rivercity Shakespeare Festival,
- Global Visions Film Festival,
- Old Strathcona Foundation (Whyte Avenue Art
Walk and Silly Summer Parade),
- Servus Heritage Festival,
- Sobey's Symphony Under the Sky
- Yardbird Suite
- Logoed scarves were provided to Events Edmonton for the New Years
Eve Festival and the Ice on Whyte
Festival operated by the Old Strathcona Foundation.
- Souljah Fyah -
Community groups who booked the band Souljah Fyah for an event received a reduced booking fee (2006-2008).
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) received funding
to adapt American course materials for use in Canada. The Essentials
Program has five modules which teach the fundamentals of ethical
fundraising to volunteers and staff in not-for-profit and community
groups. Funds are also provided for administration and to subsidize
course enrollment fees for participants in the Edmonton area (2006-2009).
- Changing Together - a Centre for Immigrant Women provided a
75-piece toolkit and materials about home ownership to each woman who
participated in their programs courtesy of the REALTORS® Association.
Over 600 women and their families have received the tool kits to date (2006-2009).
- Azimuth Theatre Expanse New Dance Festival receives funding to support
administrative salaries, promotion and new works development for a
modern dance festival in February.
- Workshop West Theatre’s presentation of the REALTOR® CANOE Theatre Festival
- St. Albert 150th Anniversary Celebration Legacy Project – Volunteer Appreciation Bronze Sculpture including participation from local brokerages and the Association
- EFCL Community League Day and Other Community Events